Auto insurance is a mandatory policy in the state of Texas. It protects you from substantial financial losses in case of an accident. If you just bought your car, you are probably wondering how you are going to navigate through the complex world of insurance.
It is normal to feel overwhelmed and excited at the same time, and that's why Nowlin Insurance Group LLC is here to take you through the path of auto insurance and ensure that you get the right policy based on your budget and needs.
What is auto insurance, and what does it cover?
Auto insurance is a contract between a policyholder and an insurance company that protects you against financial losses in the event of an accident. The state of Texas requires you to have the following minimum coverages:
- Liability: Liability coverage protects you against various legal responsibilities when an injured person sues you for the injuries or property damage.
- Property coverage: This coverage protects you from significant financial losses due to property damage. Typically, this means damage to another person's car, house, electric fence poles, gate, or any other property.
- Medical coverage: This coverage pays for medical bills, lost wages, or funeral expenses in an accident that you or someone named in your policy caused.
Other coverages to consider
Note that your liability insurance does not cover you or your passengers in the vehicle in an accident that you were at fault. That means you need to have a separate policy or coverage to help cushion you and your car. Here are other considerations that you can add to your policy:>
- Collision: This coverage reimburses you for damage made to your vehicle in a collision-related accident that you are at fault for causing. It doesn't matter whether it was a tree, rock, or another vehicle.
- Uninsured or underinsured motorist: This coverage protects you and your passengers in case of an accident with an uninsured or underinsured motorist.
- Comprehensive: A comprehensive coverage provides protection against theft, storm, fire, or hail. In other words, it protects you from damage or loss due to accidents other than a collision.
If you are still unsure about your auto insurance, our insurance experts at Nowlin Insurance Group LLC can help you find a solution. Try us today!